Love the life you live. Live the life you love.

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Mode of Transportation....

So, since the boys a have been getting bigger and more active, it has been harder to carry them both when simply visiting a neighbor, getting the mail, or going outside to enjoy the weather. Things that i don't want to put them in their car seats and stroller for.

Here's what I have been doing......

I pick one of the boys up, then bend down and try and shimmy my arm underneath #2. Quickly pick him up and turn him so that he's situated. I'm getting good at this.

Exiting the Apartment: Next, I try and grab my keys and twist the door knob to open the door. (A lot of back bending is used for this maneuver.) Once outside the apartment, I have to use my foot to try and close the door...whilst moving my body out of the way as to not hit the door as it closed. The door looses momentum and won't shut if this happens and then I have to start over. Ha!

Then to the elevator: Pushing the button on the outside of the elevator has been easy...since it's at hands level. However then I must enter the elevator and these buttons are well....more difficult. So I lean against the elevator for leverage, then left my elbow...while hoisting one of the boys up. With my elbow I would quickly jab at the button for the desired floor until it would iluminate. Sometimes a little hop is needed....depending on how the boys are situated. This is always quite comical.

Then it is off to our destitnation....where instead of knocking on my friends door....I kick! So they must know it's me by the sound of the thud. At this point I realize that I am sweating.....gross. Someone then takes a child out of arms and off we go!
......That is until the process begins all over again to go home. One difference.....I have to unlock my door. Which is a another blog post altogether! Ha!

So.....My friend Emily had an ingenious idea the other day. Wait for it......





Yep! A laundry basket. Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do.

Now we are cruzing in style. I am waiting for "pimp my ride" to call and offer to jazz up their new wheels. We took it for a spin the other day around the complex....they loved it. I figure that I am just preparing them for the rides at disneyland. So if you hear the words to "Its a Small World" in the halls....the Olson boys are out for a joy ride!!!!

5 comments:

Erica said...

Haha!! I love their new ride!! Anything to make life a little easier! :)

TJ's Big Adventures said...

Your killing me. Thanks for the laugh. Love it!!!

Kim said...

Love the laundry basket! Just tie a rope to it and treat it like a pull toy.

Emily said...

Well load them boys up and come visit :)

Shanell Farr said...

Great idea!! Reese likes the laundry basket too!