Love the life you live. Live the life you love.

Monday, April 5, 2010

NYC: MUSEUMS....

Museum of Modern Art

One morning we hit the MOMA. There was Tim Burton exhibit that was phenomenal. I wish I could have taken some pictures of it, but no photographs were allowed....I like several of his movies, but I have a whole new love for him after seeing his many talents!







Van Gogh - Starry Night



Andy Warhol



The Metropolitan Museum of Art

The MET was definitely a checkmark I was dying to make on my checklist of things to do in NYC. I REALLY wanted to see the costume institute, but sadly it was closed for some renovations : ( Huge bummer. BUT come on....it's the MET....the 19th/early20th century wing was calling me.....I could have been in that section alone for a whole day. Actually, we had to break the MET up into two mornings because of our dance schedule AND there was just too much to see......and even with doing that, we didn't even touch the surface! INCREDIBLE!





Early Prada! ha! Theses are toe covers!





I thought this was a classic picture....Eric had his iPod in listening to his competition piece (always practicing!), and I found him doing a tendu (ballet step) in front of this painting!




I have such a love for Rodin's sculptures. While I was doing my Masters at the U, I had the opportunity to do a beautiful partnering piece inspired by one of his sculptures.




And there she is.....Degas' 14 year old dancer. When Degas' bronze sculptures were on national tour, I had the opportunity to dance in the gala unveiling at the Phoenix Art Museum....and my inspiration for my choreography was this piece by Degas.










Like I said, I could have been in this section for a whole day.......

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Totally jealous of your trip! Looked like a lot of fun. :)