Love the life you live. Live the life you love.

Monday, October 15, 2007

Chris was diagnosed with Cancer........

It has been a bit of a scary time for Chris and me. Last week Chris was diagnosed with Melanoma Cancer. We had noticed a strange growth on his ear.......so we sent him to the Doc and sure enough it turned out to be bad news. He had surgery last Tuesday to remove it, and the good news is they got it all! As you can see from the pictures, he has some major battle wounds. I got a call on Wednesday from Chris while he was on campus at school and he told me that his shadow looked like Princess Leya (because of the huge bandage on his ear!). He has been so amazing about the whole situation.....so positive and optimistic. I love Chris so much, and I am impressed by him each and every day. He is such a strength in my life! I feel so lucky!

I am also so grateful for family and friends who always offer their support! Thanks to Chris' mom who lengthened her trip to AZ and helped us out during this whole process. We sure love you!

14 comments:

Sarah Hawkins said...

We were so happy when Kira told us that all went well. My brother Jonathan had to have a tumor removed from right under his ear and he had a wicked ugly scar, it has healed up so nicely, you wouldn't even see it if you didn't know were to look! We are glad all is well!

Liz said...

Ooo, ouch, that looks painful. I'm glad they were able to take care of everything. Skin cancer is definitely not something to take lightly. My dad had it on his nose and had to go through radiation treatments. I'm glad they were able to cut yours all out, Chris! Hmmm...maybe after all this, you need a vacation...to San Diego! :) Seriously though, if you guys are ever in town, don't forget to give us a call. We'd love to see you!

becky said...

oh honey...i had no idea! i am so sorry and so happy that everything went well. scary times...love you!

Granum Family said...

How scary! I'm so glad that everything went well!!!

Riley and Brooke Nelson said...

Yikes! I am so glad that everything turned out well! We really need to hang out! =)

Tiffani and Christopher Guymon said...

I am so glad they got all of it. That must have been so scary. I am glad everything turned out alright.

Bawden Bunch said...

Wow...just remembered to check your blog! This is so deja vu with Marshall's ear when he was little! We were just editing his paper for English called "Ear Splitting". So glad all was well! It's always a relief when everything comes back okay and that they got everything! We love you both!

Unknown said...

Ouch...that's the quite the battle-wound. So glad that everything worked out ok!

allisonlaurel said...

Yikes! I'm glad he's okay now. Good luck you guys!

Matt and Adge said...

that must have been so scary for you guys! i'm glad it turned out well and that the cancer is gone. what a relief that must be!

Leslie said...

Glad he is okay!

Unknown said...

wow! i'm glad everything is ok! it makes you wonder sometimes you know. how are things going ?? where are you guys living?? im trying to work at a dental office too :) hopefully i can so i can be casual everyday!

Joe, D.D.S. said...

Chris, that's crazy. Lindsey's sister just had one removed as well. I'm glad you caught it and that it was taken care of. Dave's coming to D.C. this week so hopefully I get to see him. Hope you're doing well. Can't wait for you to get closer to this dental school thing.

Bree said...

Jenny! Hey- it's Bree Hafen! I saw your link on Amylee's blog. I am very sorry to hear about your husband. That's really scary, but it sounds like the situation came out to be the best that it could. Still really scary though. Two of Dan's brothers have had testicular cancer, so we're trying to avoid that.

Well, you guys are darling. I hope AZ is good. We are in Dallas now, so we've also flown the coop.

Hope to hear from you!
-Bree
www.hafenunderground.com