Love the life you live. Live the life you love.

Monday, May 17, 2010

THE BIG 3-0!!!

Yes, yes it's a reality....I turned 30 last week. I have to admit that I was dragging my feet at the thought of leaving my twenties behind. They were good to me.

I.....

Graduated from college.
Enjoyed a great dance career.
Received my master's degree.
Became Mrs. Jenny Olson.
Moved to three different states.
Created several new works of choreography.
Traveled for work and pleasure.
Became a Trojan fan 'cause my hubby started USC dental school.
and Bought a Disneyland Pass. (Disneyland is not just for kids ya-know!)

Yes. My twenties treated me well. But, I'm excited for this new chapter. This new Decade. Thirties here I come!


Birthday festivities started out with Chris making me breakfast. Really good pancakes. Who knew Chris was an iron chef?
I share a birthday with a classmate of Chris' so we headed to their house Friday evening for a "Minute-to-win-it" Game Night. Hilarious! Then on Saturday my darling friends Shannon and Matt, along with Chris, threw me a big birthday bash! Including...

Pizza
Balloons
Banners (sweet notes everyone!...thanks for doing that Shannon)
Cake (thank you Kayla!)
Potato Sack Races
Four Legged Races
Balloon Toss (which turned into a water fight, naturally!)
and a Pinata!

What fun!




















Thank you everyone for sending me into my thirties having a blast! Thank you Shannon and Matt for all that you did! And thank you Chris for making this a special occasion for me!

6 comments:

Jim said...

Happy Birthday! I love seeing how much fun you guys are having in Dental School! We miss you though!

MARNUNEFREI said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ashley Bunker said...

Happy late birthday Jenny! We miss you here but it's good to see you are still having so much fun! Love you!

Paige Taylor Evans said...

Happy birthday Jenny - your party was one of the very best I've been to since becoming an adult. Can't wait for next year's!

Shannon Allen said...

We loved being able to contribute to your special day and it was a great party! Thanks for posting my mid-air action shot- ha! We love you Jenny!

Kim said...

Ahhh, I loved my 30's. It was my favorite decade thus far.

It was so good to talk with you the other day, you sound great! Miss you.