Love the life you live. Live the life you love.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

4.4 EARTHQUAKE....




So last night around 4:00am, I experienced my first earthquake....something that did worry me when we chose to move to LA. CRAZY! Chris and I were both asleep in bed, when we were woken up, nay shaken up! It was the weirdest feeling. It started off pretty fast and then the shaking slowed to a kind of a rolling wave. I don't know about anyone else, but I often wonder how I might be when a disaster strikes....would I be the one running to help everyone, would I be the one frozen in shock, etc.... Let me tell you...Chris will be to the rescue. He was up so fast, arms stretched out over me....it was a pretty great sight to witness. Thanks babe : ) One thing that this earthquake has made me realize....we have to be more prepared; food storage, water, flashlights/candles, etc... Priority one right now!

3 comments:

Paige Taylor Evans said...

This was your FIRST earthquake?! You lucky girl. I'm definitely gonna have to get some of that Quake Putty. Haha, that just sounds funny. Glad that your Chris is so protective of you. My Chris just thought we were getting robbed, lol. Glad everything and everyone is OK!

Ryan Smart said...

You say that now...you'll get used to them and now Erica and I just sleep through them. The first time it happened I thought Erica was going to cry and I just sat there wondering what was really happening. I'd like to think I'd be the hero, but I am pretty sure I'll be the dumb guy stunned then a piano will fall on me and I'll die.

Poelmans said...

I sent my work friends that emergency preparedness sheet we have in our ward. One guy is all over it and one of my close friends is like "can't we just go to costco if something happens?" I went to beprepared.com to buy some of the random things on the list . . . good luck!