Love the life you live. Live the life you love.

Monday, February 2, 2009

Coppelia



Thanksgiving weekend I was presented the opportunity to choreograph the story-book ballet Coppelia, which is a fun comedic love story about a mechanical doll. I couldn't be more excited!!! We started rehearsals two week ago, and can I just say that it has been so much fun to work in that creative atmosphere again. I am exhausted, yes, because rehearsals are long and I am still working full time, but it has been so amazing to create again!!! The dancers that I am working with are of such an incredible caliber....the pieces that I have set so far look great on them. They are working so hard for me, and I appreciate that so much. We premiere the first weekend in May, which seems like far away, but as I sketch out rehearsal plans it seems like it is just around the corner!

3 comments:

Erica said...

How fun! I was in this ballet when I was younger. I was a toy cupid doll in the toy shop. What a crazy experience to choreograph something like this. Good luck!

Kristen said...

Wow, congratulations! Coppelia is my favorite ballet...so fun!

breyn said...

Jenny,
Hello cute girl!!! I LOVE checking out your blog and seeing what you and Chris are up to. You are of course as ADORABLE as EVER!!!!! You are so talented too. Congrats on working on the ballet and I also loved, loved, loved the purses you made in a previous post. Is there anything you can't do? Well we miss you guys and think of you often. Talk to you soon!